Friday, September 23, 2005
I have started to love singing.. I know I dun sing well but I love to sing and after being inspired by the superstar show, that’s why I want to go to music schools and learn! Still remember when I was young and during the laser disc era, me and my sisters were singing at home every time.. but after my voice broke, I started to keep away from singing. But after being introduced to singing once again by roger about 10 months ago, I have started to love singing once again. I want to learn singing purely out of interest and not because of vain dreams to become superstar like what some ppl may think. So after some research from the net and magazines, I will put some info of some schools for reference for those who like to join as well!
Music Clinic (
http://www.themusicclinic.com.sg/ )
This company is actually co-owned by one of the superstar’s judges, Anthony Png or Fang Zhong Hua as some might know him as.. his fees are relatively high, $188 per month for 4 lessons, 1 ½ hours. But what I like about music clinic is that their teaching concepts are more to fun and enjoyable which is what I want actually.. if you want to register, you have to pay $50 deposit which is refundable after 6 months and $50 for registration fees and a month fees. Still on my number 1 list.
Hark Music (
http://www.harkmusic.com/ )
The only selling point of this is actually the fees which is relatively than other schools, $140 per month for the same amount of lessons. But not much publicity has been done for this school. Its on my second choice as the staffs are relatively friendly when I called up.
Echo Music (
http://www.echomusic.com.sg/ )
This was formerly known as Attitude Music School. and more famous for it was that it was opened by yong bang, the singapore singer. Fees wise its quite reasonable, $150 per month. But I dun really like this school as the staffs are damn attitude like what the school name suggests.. it is located around bugis area. The only selling point of it is that it is owned by yong bang.
LWSSOM (
http://www.leeweisong.com/ )
This school is famous for its owner, Lee Wei Song. And I believe the teaching standards there are very demanding as well as weisong only handpicks students to teach for those he feels who have potential. And the fees are the most exp among all! $207.40 per month! although I believe this would be a very good school, the fees are scaring me off and I saw from the net that they wont actually pay much attention to you if you are not that good. And you must go thru audition before they select you. So a big NO!
Tiny Box Music School ( I cant locate the website )
This school is owned by another superstar’s judges, Lee Fei Hui. It is the cheapest among all $120 per month. I believe this is a very good school just that it is very stringent in the sense that the teachers are quite strict. I read that there will be a competition after 6 months and thereafter if you pass the test only den you will be taught by Lee Fei Hui himself. Must go thru audition before you can get into it.. no way man..
Hai Die Music School ( I cant locate the website )Ohh this music school is the most professional among all I would think. Xu Huan Liang the one voted best judge in superstar competition is the co-director or whatever I think. Anyway fees are $180 and you must undergo an audition before you can join! But JJ lin and Ah Du were both groomed from here so its publicity is there. But big no for me as it is too professional haha.
Actually these are the only few schools i have heard of.. there are lots more, just that i dun bother to check the rest out..
Blogged
@ 12:23 PM
Don't let me go -